Carin Marais is a fully bilingual language practitioner and a copy and content writer for a wide variety of digital and print channels. She has worked with both local and international companies on subjects as diverse as finance, beauty products, décor, pets, and agricultural implements.
With an ear for tone and a love of research and learning, clients can be sure that their content will be treated seriously and researched thoroughly. All her blog posts and articles are filled with facts and content — not fluff.
Carin believes that the reader should find true worth in copy and content, becoming return visitors to sites that they trust rather than once-off readers.
Her personal interests include art, culture, literature and linguistics, archaeology, mythology and folklore, pop culture, and a number of hobbies.
Languages: English (UK, US, and SA) and Afrikaans.
- Copywriting – Advertising, articles, and blog posts
- Translation – Afrikaans/English | English/Afrikaans | Dutch/English/Afrikaans
- Proofreading and editing – English and Afrikaans
- Localisation – South Africa, English and Afrikaans
Article for Pitched
Article for Refract.ai
Articles for True Relaxations
- 5 Ailments in Which Relaxation Can Play a Vital Healing Role
- 11 Natural Ways of Healing Bodily Aches and Pains
- 21 Ways To Use Lemons for Health and in the Home
- How To Use Candles in Your Home: An Ultimate Guide
- How To Organise Your Room and Brain At the Same Time
- Décor and the Psychology of Color
- 7 Smart Ways to Make Your Home Smell Better
- 20 Ways to Use Essential Oils in Your Home
- 8 Ways to Relax Your Eyes
- 16 Ways to Make Your Guests Feel More Welcome
- 5 Neat Tricks to Upgrade the Entryway in Your Home
Articles for KnitPal
- Your Guide to Yarnbombing and How to Make Your Yarnbombing Environmentally Friendly
- 6 Things You’ve Always Wanted to Know About Hand-dyed and Mill-dyed Yarn
- Knitting Needle Conversions: From Metric to US and UK Sizes
- Where Can I Find Free Knitting Patterns?
- Your 7 Top Knitting Questions Answered
- How to read knitting patterns and knitting abbreviations
Articles for Backyard Cat Enclosures
- How To Keep Your Kitten Safe and Calm During Storms
- Why is My Kitten Sneezing?
- How To Prepare Your Older Cat To Accept Your New Kitten
- How To Discipline Kittens
- How To Give Your Kitten a Bath
- What is Fading Kitten Syndrome?
- Your Kitten’s First Vet Visit and What To Expect
- What are good names for grey or tabby cats?
- What are good names for ginger cats?
- How to choose names based on your cat’s breed
- How to choose cat names based on your cat’s colour
- What are good unisex cat names?
- What are good names for a pair of kittens?
- What are good names for black cats?