It is with some trepidation that I watch the last days of October flit by, leaving me too scared to look at the date in my diary as that just reminds me how close NaNoWriMo really is and how much I still have to do before Wednesday!
But first – Jozi Flash Anthology news!
The Jozi Flash Anthology will appear later than expected (but no less awesome), and will be released this November. It is a collaborative effort between Chasing Dreams Publishing and a bunch of writers based in and around Johannesburg (also called Jozi at times). And the writers includes me! (And some other brilliant writers like Nthato Morakabi.)
This year Chasing Dreams is hosting a cover reveal competition with a $20 Amazon gift voucher up for grabs – and it’s not too late to start. Just keep your eye on my Instagram account today for the next clue…
The competition and rules are quite straightforward…
- Rules – Jozi Flash Cover Reveal Competition!
- Download the #FindJoziFlash17 Info Pack from https://chasingdreamspublishing.wordpress.com
- Print page 4 of the Info Pack in order to save details about the hunt.
- Read through the pack to get to know the authors and artist (participants), and find their social media links.
- One clue will be posted each day starting from the 23rd October 2017 and running until the 2nd
- November 2017.
- The clues will lead to one of the participants’ social media sites and will be posted at random times.
- Make a note of who posted each clue on the relevant days and which social media site they used.
- Once the cover is revealed on the 2nd November 2017, return to
- https://chasingdreamspublishing.wordpress.com and leave a comment listing the order in which the clues appeared.
- The competition will be open until midnight GMT+2 on the 3rd November 2017.
- The winner will be randomly selected from the correct entries and announced by the 5th November 2017
- Friends and family members of the participants are illegible for entry.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail and will have a week to claim their prize.
- The prize is a $20 Amazon Gift Card and is not exchangeable for cash.
- The draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
NaNoWriMo is upon us!
October has been more of a whirlwind of a month than September (did not see that coming), which means that I have a lot of planning for NaNoWriMo still to do. Which must happen this weekend.
I’ll try to put bits and pieces of the planning on social media (being careful not to give away any spoilers, obviously), mostly so that you can see how I go to work on outlining a new story.
I’d like to hear what your last minute preparation for NaNoWriMo is this year – or are you just going to pants it?